Surprise Lake Camp was the most incredible, beautiful, magical, accommodating, and spectacular venue for our celebration!
– Recent Hosts
Retreats & Rentals
A place of incredible natural beauty, Surprise Lake Camp welcomes your upcoming retreat, reunion, celebration, or other group event. Located only 60 miles from New York City the camp sits on nearly 500 beautiful acres surrounding a private, half-mile long lake. In May, June, September and October–all particularly beautiful times at camp–we can accommodate groups of 60-100, whether for a day-long or multi-day event. We can often host smaller groups and families in heated lodges at other times of the year, too.
We want your retreat to be a success from beginning to end. Please inquire about our affordable packages, breathtaking site, and outstanding customer service.
What Comes with our All-Inclusive Retreats?
- Warm, friendly staff
- Food service for all meals (menus will be designed to meet your budget)
- On-site supervisor to assist you 24/7
- Indoor and outdoor recreational activities (staff-led, if appropriate), including:
- Sports (softball, soccer, beach volleyball, tennis, Ga-Ga, street hockey, and more)
- Hiking on our acres of trails
- Campfire with marshmallows
- Wi-Fi in our Staff Center
Let us help you plan an event that meets your goals–and your budget, from minimalist to magnificent! Optional additions to your event include:
- Our beautiful Belle Abramson Gymnasium: 10,000 square feet with scoreboard, bleachers, lockers and showers
- The Eddie Cantor Amphitheater (outdoor seating for 1,000!) with views of the lake and featuring sophisticated light and sound systems
- A variety of meeting and dining spaces to meet your needs
- Lake, with canoes, kayaks and other water fun
- Heated, modern swimming pool, which has lights for nighttime swimming
- Specialized staffing, such as lifeguards (required for any activity at the lake or pool), hike leaders, low or high ropes staff, climbing tower or zip line staff, and an on-site nurse
- Variety of menu options for your budget
- Basic sound system (mic & speakers)
- S’mores and extra food and snacks
Ask Us About Yoga, Arts & Crafts, Jewelry Making, Wine/Beer/Spirit Tasting and more!
A variety of housing is available:
- Cabins with nearby washhouse
- Cabins with attached washhouse
- Private Housing
- Lodges (heated in winter)
Nightly per person rates vary based on the type of cabin, size of group, day of week & length of your stay; please contact us for a quote. Bring your own bedding, or add on Linen Service and we’ll provide that for you.