While SLC is closed, it is quiet and beautiful and needs to hear your voices!
Visiting Camp Summer 2020
For this summer we are thrilled to welcome current and prospective SLC camper families to visit camp.
Camp is also welcoming volunteers to help out with a variety of outdoor projects at Camp. To request more information about these opportunities, send us an email and we will be back in touch shortly.
Visits will take place on a limited number of days for a limited number of families – on a first-register, first-reserved basis. Registration information can be found below.
There is no charge to visit Camp for the day. We are always appreciative of families who would like to make an optional donation to Camp.
Available Days (additional days will be added as we move forward):
- Monday, August 3
- Thursday, August 6
- Friday, August 7
- Sunday, August 9
- Monday, August 10
- Thursday, August 13
- Friday, August 14
- Sunday, August 16
- Monday, August 17
- Thursday, August 20
- Friday, August 21
- Sunday, August 23
- Monday, August 24
- Thursday, August 27
- Friday, August 28
- Sunday, August 30
Please read all of these guidelines carefully and be in touch with any questions.
What to bring:
- Camp will not be providing any equipment. Feel free to bring a ball for catch, a basketball or frisbee or other lawn games.
- Swimming will be allowed (we will have a lifeguard), feel free to bring a bathing suit and towel.
- A picnic lunch. SLC is not able to provide any food or drinks.
- Folding chairs, a tent, an umbrella and/or picnic blankets.
- A hat and water bottle.
- Masks for each person (you must wear a mask when inside buildings or when within 6 feet of other parties).
What NOT to bring:
- Don’t bring ANY pets.
- Don’t bring a barbecue.
- Don’t bring alcoholic beverages of any kind.
Rules & Reminders for the Day
- Families coming up to Camp have read and agree to SLC’s COVID-19 Waiver of Liability (see below)
- Upon arrival at Camp you will be greeted by a Camp Ambassador. They will review the guidelines with you, ask you a few health-related questions, ask you to sign our Waiver (see below) and answer any questions you have. The Ambassadors and / or our staff will be available at Camp throughout the day.
- Health screening questions will include:
- Have you or a member of your household experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the past 30 days?
- Have you or a member of your household tested positive for COVID-19 test in the past 30 days?
- Have you or a member of your household come in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case in the past 30 days?
- Have you or a family member returned in the last 14 days from any one of the following states (the full, updated list of states can be found here) that require a mandatory 14-day quarantine as directed by New York State. If so, you may not come to camp until your quarantine is completed.
- If your temperature is 100.0 or higher, you will not be permitted entry to Camp. If you have had any of these symptoms in the past 72 hours – fever of 100.0 or higher, cough, chills, headache, shortness of breath, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, muscle pain – we ask that you please stay home for the health and safety of our entire community.
- Even with enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols, we highly recommend that you maintain your own personal hygiene by not touching your face, eyes or nose.
- Health and hygiene reminders have been prominently placed including reminders about hand washing, social distancing, and other guidelines.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available as well.
- Restrooms will be available at the Main Building and in the Little Playhouse.
- No other buildings are open, please stay out of all other Camp buildings.
- You must wear a mask when inside buildings or when within 6 feet of other parties.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet distance from others.
- Swimming will be available, we will have a lifeguard, based on numbers, there may be limits to the number of people and / or families allowed in the water at any given time.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children are within “line of sight” at all times and are following all of our guidelines.
- Teenside is not an open space for spending time at Camp.
- You are welcome to enjoy the Camp grounds on Mainside, we are not permitting guests to go hiking from Camp.
- Because we are not able to open any of Camp’s buildings, if it rains, we will be asking visitors to cut their visit short.
- Visitors are not able to build or light camp fires.
- Please drive extremely slowly on Lake Surprise Road! Be courteous and do not honk your horn around blind turns.
- Plan to arrive between 10am and Noon, departure is no later than 6pm.
- There is no smoking at Camp.
- If you are not able to come at the last minute, please call Camp or email Dylan at [email protected]
- We want to remind you that the terrain at Camp can be quite rugged. Please keep this in mind when thinking about what you wear on your feet.
Each family should sign up individually. Please note: visits are NOT confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from Camp.
Email: [email protected]
Our mailing address:
382 Lake Surprise Road
Cold Spring, NY 10516