We have winterized meeting facilities available for groups anytime during the year (except while camp is in session).
If you wish to have an overnight retreat, we can accommodate groups of up to 60 in our winterized lodges year-round. We open our doors for larger rental groups as of April 15th and continue to stay open for retreats until October 15th, but this can vary based on the current weather pattern. Unless specific arrangements are made in advance, food service is available April 15th-October 15th.
Please note that during our summer camp session (late June to late August) we can host children’s groups, but are not open for adult retreats.
Surprise Lake Camp can meet your budgetary and program objectives. Anything from spartan to splendid is possible!
Adult Housing Rates
Housing rates are per person, per night, and vary based on the type of cabin, size of group, day of week & length of your stay.
Rates do not include meal service. Please see our menus page for more information about our delicious and affordable menu options.
Camper Cabins with toilet & wash facilities nearby - $20-40 per person, per night
Mountainview Cabins (dormitory/communal style) - $22-55 per night per person
Private Housing - $55-80 per night per person
Lodges - $40-$60 per night per person
Other Rates (See facilites page for photos)
Belle Abramson Gymnasium - $45 per hour (Heated and available year-round, except when camp is in session)
Rec Room/Moosehead Banquet Hall - $425 for the first 3 hours, $75 per additional hour. Kitchen available upon request, with certain limitations. (Heated and available year-round, except when camp is in session.) Measures 35 x 70 feet.
Little Playhouse - $375 for the first 3 hours, $75 per additional hour. Includes two bathrooms. Measures 36 x 51 feet. Available early May through late October. Not heated.
Teenside Banquet Hall - $550 for the first 3 hours, $100 per additional hour. Kitchen available upon request, with certain limitations. Measures 40 x 76 feet. Available early May through late October. Not heated, but includes a working fireplace.
Exclusive rental of campgrounds for 1 day affair - $4,000 per day* (Please call to inquire)
- Linen Service: $5 per person. Housing rates do not include bedding. Groups that wish to have pillows, cases, blankets & sheets provided to them must pay this additional fee.
- Pool Charge: $150 per day. Allows the use of our state-of-the-art swimming pool, which is heated and lit for nighttime swimming.
- Lifeguard (required for any activity at the lake or pool): $250 for the first 3 hours, $75 per additional hour. Lifeguards can only cover one area at a time. An additional lifeguard is needed if you wish to have swimming and boating at the same time. Lifeguards are limited to 8 hours in any given day. We require 1 lifeguard for every 25 bathers.
- Low Ropes/Climbing Tower: $250 per faciliator, per day. Includes one staff member who can work with 30 ppl at a time. Groups larger than this will require an additional staff member.
- High Ropes/Zip Line: $500 per day. Includes two staff members who can work with 20 ppl at a time.
- S’mores: $1 per person
- Nurse: $250 per day
- Use of Outdoor Theater Sound & Lighting System: $150 per day
- Extra Ring of Firewood (One ring per weekend included with weekend rentals): $25
Ask Us About Yoga, Arts & Crafts, Jewelry Making, Wine/Beer/Spirit Tasting and more!
If you have any other interests you did not see listed here, please do not hesitate to ask us! Our aim is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible!
Please contact us for more information and availability.