Return. Reminisce. Reconnect. Reciprocate.
Save the date! Registration coming soon!
If camp is a place where you can create an essential part of yourself, perhaps you can reintroduce yourself to that part of your character by stepping back into its grooves. It’s as close as we get to going back in time. The location contains intense memories, and there are triggers everywhere that can pop them out of the subconscious.
– John Dickerson
Come home again! Surprise Lake Camp is pleased to invite our Alumni & their families to Alumni Day. This event is held annually, rain or shine, from 10am until 4pm. Enjoy a BBQ lunch and (weather permitting) swimming and boating.
Get a free SLC blanket or sweatshirt!
Become a Lifetime Member of the Alumni Association today and receive a free SLC blanket or sweatshirt as our gift. Lifetime membership costs $250.
General Rules for Alumni Day
- For security purposes, every attendee needs to register for Alumni Day before or upon their arrival at SLC.
- After checking in at the Registration Desk, alumni and friends of SLC will receive a wristband for Alumni Day.
- Alumni Day is NOT a Visiting Day. Most campers will be out of camp for a large part of the day. When they return, they will not be allowed to be taken from program to visit with their families. Please do not attempt to do this.
- No pets or alcohol permitted on grounds.
- All parking is on the ballfield.
- Smoking is permitted only in the smoking section along the lower road (and never near campers).
- Alumni may not enter living quarters of staff or campers.
- Alumni should not socialize with staff while they are working or disrupt the camp routine.
- All dining rooms are off limits to all alumni and visitors.
- Alumni are not permitted to enter Teenside until 1:45pm and must leave Teenside by 3:00pm.
- Alumni under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A deep water test is required for anyone who wants to swim in deep water. Please listen to the lifeguards while at the lake.
On Sale at Alumni Day:
SLC hats, blankets, umbrellas, t-shirts, cookbooks, sweatshirts, sweatpants, postcards and other SLC memorabilia will be sold from the Alumni Store (on the Mainside Waterfront, weather permitting).
- Surprise Lake Camp
- 382 Lake Surprise Road
Cold Spring, NY 10516 United States + Google Map