SLC donors have made it possible for my children to have the best experiences of their lives!
– SLC Parent
Commitment to Tuition Assistance
We believe that a Surprise Lake Camp experience should be accessible for every Jewish child, regardless of their family’s ability to pay. SLC’s commitment to tuition assistance has been core to its mission ever since the camp’s founding in 1902.
In fact, according to the Foundation for Jewish Camp, SLC’s capacity to welcome families of all economic means is unparalleled by almost any other Jewish camp in North America. We’re proud of the diverse community this creates–and we’re grateful to the generous donors who share this passion by supporting the Scholarship Fund.
We encourage you to apply for assistance early, when we have the most assistance available and not yet distributed to others.
How Tuition Assistance Works
We allocate tuition assistance using a fee scale based on family size, expenses, and income.
Please apply as early as possible. While funds are substantial, they are still limited. You will have your best chance to receive a greater allocation when you apply right away.
Surprise Lake Camp has a sliding fee scale based on family income / expenses and maintains a deep commitment to ensuring that camp is affordable to all families.
Families must reapply for assistance each year.
Families applying for tuition assistance:
Please complete your application as soon as possible. More funds are available in the fall than in the spring.
How to Apply
- Complete the camp enrollment application by logging into the CampInTouch system.
- Submit a deposit of $250 per session, per camper. If the tuition assistance you ultimately receive does not meet your needs and you choose not to enroll, Surprise Lake Camp will return your deposit in full.
- Create or log in to your Surprise Lake Camp account on FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, our partner in managing the application process. Follow instructions there for completing the application and submitting the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS.
Copies of these supporting documents are necessary for FACTS to complete your application:
- Your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules and W-2s.
- Supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF, if applicable.
You may submit these materials online by uploading them in pdf format within your FACTS account.
Or, if you prefer, you may mail them to FACTS (not to Surprise Lake Camp). Please include your applicant ID on all mailed correspondence. Your applicant ID will be created when you create your FACTS account.
- Mail to:
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Please contact Abbe, Camp Registrar, for a confidential conversation about any questions, concerns, or needs in the Camp office at 845-265-3616 or [email protected]. Please call FACTS Customer Care at 866-441-4637 for help with your FACTS application.
YWMCA White Plains & Central Westchester
515 North Street
White Plains 10605Event Info